The Spirit of the Golden Age Care Anti-pandemic Support Programme Lives On!
Volunteer with us as Golden Buddies with Dr Golden
to support private Residential Care Homes for the Elderly in the post-pandemic world
Launching soon, Golden Age Smart Care is an extension of the Golden Age Care Anti-pandemic Support Programme. Sponsored by the Bright Future Charitable Foundation, Golden Age Smart Care advocates for a better social life and mental health awareness for the elderly through smart ageing technology. Our robot, Dr Golden, will also continue assisting participating Residential Care Homes for the Elderly (RCHE) throughout the programme.
We are now seeking 20 Golden Agers to volunteer as Golden Buddies and help elderly residents gain essential digital skills through fun and engaging activities with Dr Golden. As a Golden Buddy, you will participate in a free volunteering training programme before facilitating engagement activities at the RCHEs. The programme promises an innovative volunteering experience like no other.
Join us and help us spread the joy of using technology to the elderly.
- Golden Agers (individuals aged 45 and above)
- Experienced in using smartphones and tablets, and possess essential knowledge of IT products
- Interested in learning how to operate robots
- Able to guide the elderly and care home staff in using robots
- Received 3 doses of COVID-19 vaccines (to be updated according to the government’s latest pandemic-prevention measures)
- Volunteers must attend all training and service sessions
- Volunteers must provide service in-person at elderly care homes
- Photography and filming will be conducted throughout the programme for documentation purposes
- Participants who have completed the training will receive a volunteering certificate and a special gift
How to Apply
This programme is free of charge. One of our staff members will contact you after you have submitted your application.
Programme Date and Details
Programme Date: February – June 2023
20 Golden Buddies will be divided into 4 groups and conduct volunteering service at 4 elderly care homes. Four training sessions will be held ahead of the volunteering sessions. Training details include gaining a deep understanding of the programme, essential communication skills with the elderly and technology know-how. Golden Buddies will also learn to facilitate fun engagement activities for their assigned volunteering group throughout the training sessions. They will also learn special techniques to develop activities suitable for the elderly.
|Programme introduction and group pairing||Golden Age Foundation||February 2023 (exact date to be confirmed)|
|Understanding private elderly care homes and communication skills with the elderly||Online via Zoom|
|Understanding smart ageing technologies and activity content development||Online via Zoom|
|Activity content development||Online via Zoom|
The following sessions are specially designed to help volunteers gain essential service skills before visiting elderly care homes with our social workers.
|Pre-visitation meeting (March)||Online via Zoom||February 2023 (to be confirmed)|
|Visitation activity (March)||4 elderly care homes||March 2023|
|Pre-visitation meeting (April)||Online via Zoom||March 2023 (to be confirmed)|
|Visitation activity (April)||4 elderly care homes||April 2023|
|Pre-visitation meeting (May)||Online via Zoom||April 2023 (to be confirmed)|
|Visitation activity (May)||4 elderly care homes||May 2023|
- Session details will be announced shortly.
- Golden Age Foundation reserves the right to make final decisions on changes to the programme content and arrangements.
For further enquiries, please contact us via:
- Phone: (852) 8102 1068
- WhatsApp : (852) 9347 9564
- Email: email@example.com